Aaaaahhhhh my first paranormal romance book is now available for purchase and I’m all kinds of…
So, I’m going to do a little Q&A with myself which seems really narcissistic, but it’s my blog so I do what I want. LOL.
- Why the switch to paranormal? Well I didn’t actually mean to. After writing contemporary romance for three years, I really wanted to write something high stakes. I’m talking life or death. I wanted something I could sink my teeth into, and so when I got this idea, I went with it. I had a couple of months “off” from deadlines this summer, and this was my “taking a break” project. I don’t think I understand what taking a break means.
- How did you come up with the idea for the world of the Silver Tip pack series? Well, I’m not sure exactly. The characters came to me first. The first scene in the book where Reese meets Dare came to me out of nowhere. And everything about them felt… not modern. As in, they weren’t from this world, even a paranormal version of this world. I love apocalyptic novels, like The Road, and Kit Rocha’s Beyond series. And I knew I wanted… rival packs. But I also wanted them to have a common enemy… enter the Noweres, my version of undead werewolves, in a world where humans went extinct a century ago.
- Did you always plan on publishing this? No. I wasn’t sure it would even turn into a full novel. But I was blocked from writing anything else until I wrote the first scene with Reese and Dare. I thought I’d leave it there. But they kept talking to me, and the world kept unrolling in my brain, until I had a complete 75K novel. And here we are. 🙂
- How many books do you intend to write in the series? I’m not sure. More than three? I have a lot planned for this world. I have surprises. I got all kinds of things. And I can’t wait to explore more! Daring Fate, to me, is just the set up for the world. The next book will do a lot more exploring “outside the walls.”
- Will all the books be m/m? I’m not sure on that either, but probably not. I’m thinking of doing a menage, and maybe an m/f. I don’t know though! I’m waiting to see what the characters want. There really is no defined sexuality in this world. No stigma. You’re attracted to who you’re attracted to.
- What are you most proud of? The world. I was always so envious of writers who created their own worlds. I hadn’t felt like I was ready for it yet, until now. Now I felt ready, and I built a world that is gritty and violent, sure, but there is also so much heart, so much fight for survival. And I’m damn proud of these characters for living in it.
- Why is Reese a snarky asshole sometimes? Because I am, duh.
So, I hope you love this book as much as I do. I had a blast writing it, and I honestly can’t wait to dive back in on book two. If you read this far, you’re awesome. And here are more details on Daring Fate!
I wake up chained to the wall of a dark cell aware of two things: I failed my sister, and I smell my enemy.
When I’m taken to meet Dare, the alpha of the Silver Tip pack, I’m sure I’m about to lose my throat. The last thing I expect is for the Alpha to recognize me as his fated mate. No way is he going to let me go now, and I still have to find a way to rescue my sister.
As I plot my escape to save her, I find that if I leave, Dare could be killed by power-hungry members of his pack. And now he’s more to me than my fated mate—my heart is involved. With time ticking by on my sister’s life, I have to make a choice I never thought I’d face—my sister’s life or my mate’s? That’s if I can survive the undead shifters intent on killing me first…